This audio file is from our eTalk: Parenting in a Tech Savvy World: eParenting the iGeneration
This generation of kids and teens have never known a time without smartphones. I was in my mid-twenties when I got my first phone.
My, how the times have changed.
Now, children on average are getting their first smartphones around age 10, and some children are as young as 6.
This audio file will take a deeper look at technology and social media to better understand their link to stress, relationships, and overall health and well-being.
- Introduction to a Tech Savvy World
- Nobody is Following Proper Guidelines
- Challenges, Drawbacks, and Concerns
- Is Technology Good or Bad?
- Do Violent Video Games Cause Violent Behavior?
- Who May Struggle with Tech Use?
- Purposeful Parenting Approach: eParenting the iGeneration
- Additional Tips for Parenting in a Tech Savvy World
About Jonathan Hetterly, LPC:
Jonathan Hetterly is a licensed professional counselor. He specializes in helping teen and young adult men navigate the challenges they face in life. Jonathan is also a writer and his articles are regularly featured on PsychBytes.com and ShrinkTank.com.
He has contributed material to several books that explore the intersection of pop culture and psychology, including The Walking Dead Psychology, Star Wars Psychology, and Game of Thrones Psychology.
Jonathan is also a co-author of the parenting book Southeast Psych’s Guide for Imperfect Parents: A Book Written By Imperfect Therapists.